Saturday, June 7, 2008

Empathetic Doctor




I've looked at life from both sides now
Joni Mitchell

Front and back, eh Joni?  Thanks to a patient who showed me this laugh in one my waiting room magazines, I  have a chance to share some of my feelings of being exposed as both patient and doctor. It's been a tough week which I will share in a later post, so the humor helps.  By the way, if you notice a predominance of 60's Canadian singer songwriters in my quotes, what can I say.  It's ma roots.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mitchell Childs said...

Brian,
The cartoon and Joni Mitchell say it!!! 60"s music is ma roots too!
I am a patient and fellow member of the "club" that none of us want to belong to (cancer patients). I have survived 11 years after six years in remission following CHOP and an autologous stem cell transplant four years ago. It is an adventure and I certainly saw both sides.

The bad days help make the good days even better!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

June 8, 2008 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Patti Dolce said...

I am reading your blog daily. Go for it and beat it. I'm praying for you.
Patti Dolce

June 25, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home