Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mama told me there would be days like this Van Morrison

When I get to the bottom 
I go back to the top of the slide 
Where I stop and turn 
and I go for a ride 
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again 

The Beatles

Rough night so a short note. Very tender nose (yes my right nostril really hurts), sore throat and mouth, headaches, joint aches, painful skin lesions, rashes, chills, low grade fever and general malaise.
Hot packs, salt water nasal sprays, meditation, and Tylenol with codeine helps.
The on call doctor is starting me on a broad spectrum antibiotic, imipenem or Gorilla-cillin as it's commonly known for its ability to maul just about any germ except MRSA.
Except for the fact I still have almost no neutrophils (those same granular white cells that fight bacterial and other infections), my counts are stable, with my platelets being above normal now. My neutropenia (low neutrophils) is from the chemo and the reason I feel so crappy.
I am optimistic that I will much better after my hot shower and the antibiotic kicks in.
More later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry to here that you have these mild inconveniences but they are to be expected. Make sure you get plenty of sleep and I will bring some good organic vegan food next week that is sure to make you feel good and strong.

July 12, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home