Thursday, November 28, 2013

Feeling Better



1901 Life Magazine Cover

I slept well past noon today- one of many things that I am thankful for, and even took a long post meal nap, and except for a sore, slightly pink, and swollen upper arm where I got the vaccine, I am feeling much better. Still tired and a bit achy, but clearly on the mend.

I assume that yesterday's high white count and low blood pressure were an exaggerated response to the PREVNAR 13.

Or perhaps I was about to get sick and the IVIG infusion aborted the pathogen's attack.

I will never know, but I am grateful for feeling much better.

Our Thanksgiving vegan feast with family was lovely. I was righteously teased by my wife and my boys for some of my idiosyncrasies, we listened to Klezmer music, lit the menorah, and ate latkes with vegan sore cream and homemade apple sauce,  homemade stuffing with  homemade vegan gravy, salad, broccoli, stuffed baked pumpkins, seiten with onions,  homemade pumpkin pies, and Ben brought his homemade amazing stuffed baked apples served with coconut milk "ice- creme".  Sent the boys home with tons of leftovers.

An amazing feast, rightly designed to overwhelm with its abundance this one time a year.

Many of us have much to be thankful for, but until we create the best opportunities for all of us with CLL in particular and cancer in general, until every one of us, has had what I have had, the best chance for a long and meaningful life post diagnosis, our work is not done.

Happy Thanksgiving, my friends.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best to you, Brian and I give thanksgiving for all you do. But have to confess I did love the notion of vegan "sore" cream ... smiles from a non-vegan.

Aloha pumehana
Lynn S.

November 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home