Sunday, June 19, 2016

Dr, Bill Wierda on the Importance of Clinical Trials in CLL

I’m home from the European Hematology Association Congress in Copenhagen. 

I received very positive feedback on my lecture and the preliminary data from our Reader Poll with many requests for more information. We plan to follow up with another survey, Seems the 1000 plus hematologists to whom I presented the data and the folks from industry really want to know what we patients think and want.

I attended several lectures on CLL, reviewed dozens of abstracts, and had some great interviews with world experts that I look forward to sharing with you in the near future. 

After the last long day, I finally got out of the convention center long enough to walk along the harbor and see the famous The Little Mermaid statue.

This week in the Clinical Trials/The Basics section of our website we’ve posted an interview with Dr. Bill Wierda of MDACC where we talked about the value of clinical trials and how he approaches the discussion with patients about joining a clinical trial. You can read a summary of our discussion and watch my interview with Dr. Wierda here. http://cllsociety.org/2016/06/dr-william-wierda-clinical-trials-cll-chronic-lymphocytic-leukemia/

In the meantime….

Stay strong.

We are all in this together.

Brian Koffman, MD

Volunteer Medical Director of the CLL Society

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger gajismarts said...

Thanks Dr, Bill Wierda for the Importance of Clinical Trials in CLL. I like your posts:
http://www.citrusclear.com/clinical-studies

July 12, 2016 at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home