Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Good Patient

This is Brian's son-in-law Nick reporting here. I know all of you want to know how Brian is doing. Well I have an answer for you:


'nuff said.

Rachael and I visited Brian last night We read out of Bill Bryson's In A Sunburned Country and got lots of good laughs out of Brian, who is turning out to rival his good doctorliness with excellent patientliness. I think about the word 'patient' and I see Brian meditative and relaxed, concentrating his energies for the fight ahead.





Rachael make good nurse...in her country.



Patty reads with zeal, in spite of the difficulty of the mask steaming up her glasses!

We had a really good visit, and will be popping in every day while we are down from Berkeley, though too much visiting can make Brian a bit tired. Why? It's hard not to make him laugh. But seriously, what if you constantly had friends and family dropping in on you when all you were doing was trying to rest or read a good book? It would make me pretty tired too.

Thank you Brian for the opportunity to write. We hope to continue to make your room feel like an extension of home. Maybe I will bring in the digiridoo after all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there Brian! I am praying for your transplant recovery & the eradication of the CLL.

June 29, 2008 at 8:48 PM  
Blogger J.R. said...

Pumping iron through the nausea? What an inspiring determination! The dragon is doomed.

On to victory Brian. Keep strong.

June 30, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home