Sunday, March 15, 2009

"There must be a pony in here somewhere"


How do you laugh when you have received bad news?

The fact is that you don't.  Unless you are crazy, which may not be crazy if you have cancer.

If it is true that: "Time is not a line, but a series of now points."  -Taisen Deshimaruv, then it must also be true that when we are ready, and not a moment before, we need to leave that moment behind and move on to the next and the next and the next.

And there are always next and next and next, until the very very end. Until the last breath.

I can be certain if we are well enough to read (or in my case, the slightly more arduous task to compose) this post, we all have more than a few breaths left in us.

By all means we must set aside some "now points" to fuss and worry. For me, that includes hours of research and preparation.

But with all those millions of unused moments, I like to watch a Marx Brothers' movie, or mine the hidden comic aspects of this wild adventure and figure out how to share them.

Having cancer is intense and invasive, but it is not all encompassing.

Want to know what's all encompassing? What grabs your body and shakes it up and won't let it go until it is good and ready.

A belly laugh is all encompassing.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Robertson said...

I’ve been told that anticipation is like mentally toppling over ..you lose your footing in the present. I like what you say about letting prior moments go ..sort of refreshes the senses and allows you to see the present more clearly.


We share some things in common ..I am a cancer survivor who also found enjoyment in zen practice. I want to come back here and spend more time. I am going to put you on my list of links ..as well as blogs I follow ..if I may ~ Namaste ..! Lee

March 16, 2009 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger CLL SPOUSE said...

How much I've appreciated (and recall) the belly laughs of recent months!

March 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home