Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Strange Daze indeed

Since taking the Maid of the Mist boat tour to the thundering splash of the Horseshoe Falls of Niagara Falls, I have yet to recover my land legs.

I am walking in a fog. Maybe it is the Umberto Ecco book that I am reading about an antiquarian book dealer who lost his personal memory and now lives in a mental fog (I can get too lost in a book), maybe it is my weird disturbing dreams and disrupted sleep pattern,  maybe it's my diet, maybe all I need a strong cup of joe (organic and free trade of course) and a piece of pie with "rice cream", maybe it's just a bump in the road as I plan my return to work soon, and must come to grips with the prospect of doing this whole transplant dance one more time like I mean it.

The very wise Rabbi David Wolpe got it right when he said referencing his own lymphoma:

"WE ARE ALL IN REMISSION. IT'S JUST THAT I KNOW IT"

I couldn't say it better.

I will sleep on it.

But first, I must share some great news: I must kvell (Yiddish for burst with pride). My daughter, Heather found out today that she aced the New York bar exams.  No small accomplishment.




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Great news re Heather, that's pretty clever!

Get some rest, Brian.

May 6, 2009 at 3:46 AM  
Blogger Lezlei Ann Young said...

Brian...

You and your wife have done such a WONDERFUL job with you children! Congratulations to Heather!

xoLezlei

May 6, 2009 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger Judy Cleri said...

Dear Dr. K,

Kvell you must.....how awesome...and Kvell I must...... Ducks up 2/1 in round 2!

Now, lets work on getting you out of that fog you are in.....maybe a nice walk on the beach then on to the pie and rice cream (YUCK)......

Wishing you well,

GO DUCKS!

judy

May 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home