Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Moving on

Thanks  for all the wonderful  notes, cards, and emails about Miriam.

It deeply helped me and my family through a rough time.

Now I am working on a comic speech on leukemia for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Conference in Niagara Falls.

As usual I have left things to the last moment, and  no surprise here: It is not easy to be funny about cancer.

But it is possible.

I feel a bit schitzy as I am torn between trying to go for the patients' and doctors' heart and teach others what I have learned, and trying to go for the audience's funny bones and have some fun at my own expense. And while I'm at it, throw a few good natured barbs at the CLL experts.

Well, back to work.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Daria said...

Just came across your blog ... I've added myself as a follower.

April 22, 2009 at 3:49 PM  
Blogger TomD said...

I believe levity is always a welcome relief to the topic of our illnesses.
I even got my onc to laugh at this one. As part of my second cycle, allopurinol was given and I developed a reaction to it which caused a rash to form over my whole face. Adding a little drool to this sight proved useful in early boarding for flights and evoked much kindness from fellow passengers as evidenced by them not sitting near me!
TomD

April 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home