Saturday, June 6, 2009

RTW

My office was festooned with decorated silly and serious pictures of me. I felt so welcomed.

The return to work was sweet, and relatively smooth, though my first patient had a low grade fever.

My medical chops were all there, and I was immediately in the zone with patient care and eduction. Felt good.

The EMR (electronic medical record) was a different story. It will take some time to get my groove back. 

And my batteries were fully discharged after a few hours. I just don't have that much energy reserve. I was exhausted by the time of the drive home. But it was OK.

My medical leave of absence didn't feel like nearly a year. It felt like a lunch break.

3 Comments:

Blogger John Wagner said...

Congratulations on your return. I know that must give you a tremendous boost. I hope your stamina and energy increases as you go along.

June 6, 2009 at 7:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so lucky to be able to get back to the daily grind and have enough energy to see patients (they are also fortunate to have you back). Watch out for those fever bearing fans. My guess is they will all want to discuss your journey over the last year so I predict you will be one hour behind on all scheduled appointments. I would wait the extra hour to see ya too.

June 7, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger Judy Cleri said...

I guess all one can say is WHOO HOO......welcome back, we missed you.

Take one day at a time and don't over do.

Be well...........

Judy

June 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home