Monday, September 28, 2009

San Francisco

I had a fantabulous time in the city by the bay.

First the sleep disorders lecture and the interactive workshop couldn't have gone better. One of the diagnostic signs of a poor night's sleep is waking up in a fog. In SANFRAN it just means you are well oriented on most mornings. If you didn't wake up in a fog, you might be in the wrong bed.

It was two fun and informative CME activities, both with great audiences, lots of laughs and learning. I love to teach, and joke.

Because of the timing of my work, I was "forced" to spend two nights in town, and I used every minute of it.

Patty and I were amazed by a Cityguide walking tour of Nob Hill, home to the wealthy Nabobs like Huntington and Stanford and birthplace of the cable car and the first singing by Tony Bennett in the Venetian Room of " I left my heart ...." You know the rest. We saw all the sights.

And the food: Mystical old school vegan food at Ananda Fuara with videos of mediation master, Sri Chinmoy, then a raw organic Bolivian restaurant and cultural center, next the spacey but very sincere raw food haven Cafe Gratitude, and finally a family run organic Japanese restaurant with many vegan choice in a very seedy part of town. I love San Francisco. It is one of the few places in the world I don't feel weird because of how I choose to eat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Hi Brian: Good trip - great news.

September 29, 2009 at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home