Sunday, April 10, 2011

A thousand wishes

A recent post by a friend on Facebook;

Most of us have a thousand wishes. To be thinner, to be taller, have more money, have a cool car, a day off, a new phone, to date the person of your dreams. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass. I know that 97% of you won't post this as your status, but my friends will be the 3% that do. In honour of someone who died, or is fighting cancer, or even had cancer, post this for at least 1 day.

My response:

I can only speak for myself, not for all cancer patients. Although I wish more than anything to be free of cancer, I am still greedy for 1000s more wishes. It is what I do with that extra time, what wishes I make come true that will define my legacy, not whether I die with or without cancer.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a CLL patient who is having trouble, I only have the wish of no cancer.

All the other things are easily achieved with no cancer worries, lots of energy, peace of mind, no need for blood tests, BMBs, CT scans, treatment, hospital stays, frequent sickness, and so on.

I never understood the phrase, 'if you've got your health, you've got everything'. Truer words have never been spoken.

The rest of it is just fluff.

May 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home