Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why I am keen on PCI-32765

This very nice blog post deals with the business as much as the scientific aspects of the enthusiasm about Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase (BTK) Inhibitors, specifically PCI-32765 in CLL and other B cell lymphomas.

It is a nice simple introduction to how the BTK inhibitors work and outlines the little but promising data presented at ASH 2011. The blog does not mention the 89% progression free survival in CLL.

I suspect we still don't have the whole story. In fact, I am sure we don't.

What do you think?

Am I and many others over excited about this little pill when the evidence is still pretty sparse?

Probably, but there doesn't seems to be much downside, and the other options of doing nothing or using an established therapy sure have their own very real problems.

And I can always move onto those options later if PCI-32765 doesn't work out. Moving in the other direction is not a likely option.

I am not going there. I have every reason to believe that I will be part of the vast group of dramatic responders, especially since my disease is so concentrated in my nodes and my 11q deletion has pretty much done everything by the book so far, which means my clone should melt away in this trial.

Can't wait to get started.

I see Dr. Kipps in three days to go over my bone marrow biopsy and get his final blessing on my plans.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, I wish you all the best! Thank you for keeping us updated.
Marina K

January 16, 2012 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy R said...

Brian, Hope everything goes well for you. Thank you for making this disease a little less scary!
Cathy R

January 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger Lorna K said...

This news is wonderful. A light in the darkness! The very best of luck Brian!
Lorna K

February 19, 2012 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home