Thursday, May 30, 2013

Doctor Turned Patient

I have commented before on the extra advantages and risks of being a healthcare provider, a doctor, facing any serious illness, in my case an indolent (slow) but incurable cancer with a host of nasty complications.

I have also touched on how, with my increased awareness and access, comes the added responsibility of sharing what I have learned and decoding it to make it more widely accessible and digestible.

I plan to discuss this topic over the next few months concerning how I have sailed these troubled waters, but let me start by saying that the more navigational tools I have (think knowledge and friends in high places), the more fellow CLLers in my boat or in sister boats in the convoy ahead and behind me in the race for a cure or at least a long and trouble free voyage, the more friends on the shore with their warning lights and their fog horns to cut through the mist of the unknown and the unseeable, the better are my chances to reach that promised land.  And I plan to bring as many along with me as possible.

Stay strong.

We are all in this together.

Next post will be live from ASCO.


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Vic said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your experiences, Brian. Namaste.

May 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Vic said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and your experiences, Brian. Namaste.

May 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM  
Anonymous Susan said...

I've learned so much following your blog and the path you have blazed for our CLL/SLL community. Thanks for the tiredless quest, energy, knowledge-sharing and devotion to your fellow CLLers!

Susan

May 31, 2013 at 12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Brian , I'm pretty down at the moment but your wise and positive words always help to keep me going .
With grateful thanks .

May 31, 2013 at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home