Tuesday, December 1, 2015

I am off to ASH 2015 to learn everything I can about CLL and I have a miserable cold.

I got my biannual cold that seems to come just as I am planning to get on the plane to the be the only family doctor among 30,000 or so hematologists and researchers from around the world.

Despite my aches and cough and runny nose, I am looking forward to learning all that I can on CLL, absorbing it and sharing it here and on the CLL Society website.

Highlights include the first data on an ew BTK inhibitor, ACP-196 (NEWS BREAK: now officially called acalabrutinib), more on other exciting drugs in development including venetoclax (ABT-199) and several promising new signal blockers and more on SYK inhibitors and new antibodies and new combos and more on approved drugs such as ibrutinib and idelalisib and obinutuzumab and ofatumumab and more smartly focused material on chemo and on new understandings of how CLL is treated in the real world and how it might be treated soon and so much more.

Plenty of interviews scheduled with experts from around the world, many whom are old friends and some who are new to me, but have published important research.

Hundreds of great abstracts (I have reviewed about 200 so far) and many oral presentations and press conferences.

I am also meeting with other patient advocates and friends from around the world to share best practices.

I will try to share some live updates from ASH 2015 because it is so exciting, but mostly I like to digest the research over a few weeks so that it can be understood and put in meaningful perspective.

The only thing missing is lots of sleep.

So now I am going to bed. Flight tomorrow AM.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Beverley Paine said...

I hope you have time to get to enjoy the conference. Thanks for keeping up with all this information and sharing it with us lucky readers!

December 1, 2015 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grateful for you pushing ahead to learn and tell despite dealing with this crappy disease. Feel better and hope you have a little fun anyhow...

December 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home