Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Well, I ain't superstitious" Willie Dixon



Willie (I am the Blues) Dixon



When you believe in things that you don't understand, 
Then you suffer, 
Superstition ain't the way

Stevie Wonder

I saw Willie Dixon in a small smokey crowded club (El Macombo) in Toronto. I still can see and hear him, that big man on that small stage, surrounded by great musicians and beautiful young groupies.

I also saw "Little" Stevie Wonder open for the Stones in Montreal at the old hockey rink, the Forum. I think it was 1970. A less intimate venue, but still great music.

The wonderful Canadian CLL website (Check out http://www.cllcanada.ca/ ) is labelled George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone", not his cover of Booker T. Jones and William Belle's "Born Under a Bad Sign". 

Dr. Wendy Harpham, the healthy survivor, adds an extra oomph to the propitious choice of October 18 for the party. You will enjoy her article at the link below. The whole issue of luck is intriguing.

For me I like to paraphrase one of my heros, Arnold Palmer, " The more I prepare, the luckier I get"

Check out.

http://www.oncology-times.com/pt/pt-core/template-journal/oncotimes/media/WendyHarpham-Opal-OT-Feb102007.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home