Friday, November 14, 2008

"Maybe a great magnet pulls All souls towards truth Or maybe it is life itself That feed wisdom to its youth Constant Craving has Always Been" KD Lang


"Hallelujah"

Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
The baffled king composing Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Leonard Cohen

If music is capable of healing my body and soul, then maybe KD Lang singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is my best shot at redemption. 


It's a digital approximation of the hair raising soul stirring intensity of following KD live on her sonic journey.

The setting was a small beautifully restored 1928 theater in North Park, San Diego, a busy hub of alternative lifestyle, where KD was very much at home. A perfect venue, with a wonderfully inventive organic vegetarian restaurant next door call SPREAD. I told you it was center for those who were once on the fringes.

Even sitting masked in the audience (lots of coughers) I was taken away. GONE.

It is great to be alive. Great to hear live music, especially a hymn from north of the 49th parallel.

Please take note of how calm I am this week as I wait for my engraftment results. The paucity of emails or faxes hints that my numbers aren't perfect, but I won't try to read the tea leaves. I can hold on until Monday. Better that I continue to luxuriate in the bath of Lenny's and KD's collaborative curative oeuvre.

There's a blaze of light
In every word
It doesn't matter which you heard
The holy or the broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though
It all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah

I am off to Hollyweird tonight for a Primary Care Education Network (PCEN) medical conference that I might have lectured at last year. I need my CME (continuing medical education) credits before year's end and I am not keen on flying just yet. So it's local fun and learning for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home