Wednesday, November 12, 2008

" Shower the people you love with love" James Taylor


My closest friends will be most happy to know that today I took a shower for the first time since June.

With nothing on. Nude. Naked. In the buff. In my birthday suit.

With the PICC line out, I didn't need to wear the waterproof sleeve on my left biceps. Think giant thick opaque condom with an opening at both ends. I guess that would make a pretty lousy condom. Attached is a bulb identical to that used to pump up a blood pressure cuff, but it does the opposite. With its valve reversed, each squeeze deflates or sucks the air out of the sleeve, so it creates a partial vacuum and tightens against my arm. It has been marvelous at keeping my PICC line dry and germ free since June, but it did prevent me from just jumping into the shower and scrubbing several inches of the covered limb. Now it too is history.

Life is getting back to normal. 

PS The portrait over my head is of the late great cat, Scooter.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronni Gordon said...

You look great. Congrats on getting rid of the PICC line. I felt the same when I got rid of mine. One more step towards normalcy.

November 13, 2008 at 10:34 AM  
Blogger J.R. said...

Hard-earned freedom, but free at last. Now we'll just await the final tests and the passage of days until we know you have reached the promised land!

November 13, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home