Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream" The Beatles

More than anything, I need to stop everything, at least for a few hours. Reboot and the kick start my brain. Lots of foot to the mouth images.

Before tomorrow hits, I have medical records to summarize and collate for upcoming consults, expense reports to copy and total and fax for recent travels, and CME (continuing medical education) to document and  complete to keep my board certification active on both sides of the border.  I was behind in CME due a little thing called a transplant messing up my travel plans for the last half of this year. Now with my recent whirlwind of conferences I am over the bar. Rest assured this writer is certifiable, make that board certifiable in Canada and "the states".

Meanwhile pesky insurance companies (medical and disability and life) are writing carefully crafted letter demanding urgent and largely redundant paperwork from me and my doctors.

My writing sample and application for consultations of a different sort are overdue for the writer's conference in San Diego in February.  I can hear the consulting editor now: Not another disease of the month book please! All in all it gives me another chance to see how many more chainsaws I can juggled blindfolded.

Like I said, time to turn off my mind and reboot. This is not a healthy mindset. Instead I will head to the sand and the ocean. Life is beach.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan C said...

I can't even how intense it must be to be both patient and doctor in pursuit of answers.

December 14, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home