Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Tomorrow never knows" The Beatles

A friend reminded that when Jacob lay on his deathbed, he waited to speak a prophecy that he never got out. But his life and words still gave meaning without a vision of what was to come. You don't need to see the future to live it and influence it.

TomD in his comment suggests a backup for my backup. Reminds me of the Dr. Seuss book where the watcher watches another watcher watching yet another watcher and on and on and on.  His point is well taken.  When is enough, enough?

Let me respond. I have no need to see the future, but I do need to be ready to live in it. That means preparing for all the desired and all the less welcomed outcomes, and also having my feet under me if I am hit by the completely unexpected. 

How broad a stance you need to keep your balance in those winds of change is different for all of us.

For me it means a lot of reading about my opponent, and a good "Cut man" in my corner.

I know some of my readers are bothered by my violent images: boxing, warfare, hockey.

Think of it as tough love.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CLL SPOUSE said...

"You don't need to see the vision to live it and influence it." VERY true!

Thanks for referencing Jacob. He was the scrappy one who, finding himself wrestling with an angel or God (or maybe it was CLL?), refused to let go until he received a blessing.

January 9, 2009 at 4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home