Sunday, June 7, 2009

CLL SUPPORT GROUP IN ORANGE COUNTY

This is a letter I recently posted on CLL listserves. 

Our next meeting is this Tuesday in Irvine. If you think you might want to join us, please read the letter and email me @ bkoffmanMD@gmail.com 

Friends,

The internet lists provide a great service, but at times the real must replace the virtual world.

That is why a small group of us meet at 7 PM on the second Tuesday of nearly every month. We mostly live between Newport Beach and Yorba Linda, CA. but we are not picky about zip codes.

The meetings are rotated between our homes and usually last about 2 hours, Though some new CLL studies or news may be presented, the focus is really to share the latest in our personal medical history, and support each other. The meetings are friendly, very casual and very candid. The group is not political or activist. We are a pretty pure and simple support group.

While we believe it is important to keep the group small, we are happy to see if a few local members of the list might be interested in joining us.

Please email me with contact information. I or another group member will get back to you, On the chance, we get an overwhelming response, we may need to say no to some of you. (Maybe we could scalp tickets like TICKETMASTER does). Just kidding. There is no costs involved other than some refreshments if you choose to serve as host.

I can't say how important and helpful the group has been for me in my struggles with CLL. I hope you might consider whether joining us would make sense for you.

Be well

Brian

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that a support group cannot be surpassed. In fact, I felt the need to start one myself.

Our first meeting had about 40 people. We couldn't stop talking to other CLL patients.

Our second meeting dropped to about 25. Each successive meeting had fewer and fewer attendees.

Sadly, some of our group passed away. Others got sicker and stopped coming. Others just drifted away.

One meeting saw me and one other person. Obviously, it is pointless to have meetings with one or two people.

I hope you have better luck. You probably will, being a doctor and all.

June 7, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Blogger Debbie Young said...

Brian: I would love to come to the meeting, although I live in the San gabriel valley area, perhaps I could try to get there and meet you.
email me at mom2samnjaz@sbcglobal.net with details please!
thanks for doing this
deb

June 17, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home