Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Be a Donor

Over the next few days, I have a chance to expose those who follow my blog to some chances to make a difference in the world. 

First and with my heart leaping to exploit this unique window of free opportunity,  I am going to be trying with increased vigor for the next few days to do what I can to get people to register to be a bone marrow donor. We get so few  chances to do something so completely and blindly good for a stranger. Seize it. Now would be good. See my prior post for details. No pain No expense. Just a deeply satisfying feeling.

I will be fussing with adding a widget to my blog to help automate the registration- wish me luck.

In the meantime, this caught my eye for fellow cancer survivors and maybe more: As Rabbi Wolpe said: "We are all in remission, it is just that some of us know it."


There will be more to come, but I don't want to dilute this special chance to be a donor.

Soon. I will return to my blog's root- how my individual story may illustrate the risks and benefits of my chosen path for others making their diverse decisions.

For now, I want to be universal, as I might not have unique story to tell if someone unknown to me, had not made a choice to be a donor- to serve the stranger.

"EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED"  

Tom Wolfe

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home