Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Minor Woes

The auricle (not the one of Delphi)

I have something tender and red growing on my right outer ear, some kind of cyst or small furuncle (boil) and I may have another at the nape of my neck.

They are both where I can't see them. Does that tell me something? I can't make my own diagnosis and prescribe my own treatment. Is there a lesson I need to hear?

I saw my family doctor and long time friend who started me on a gut churning antibiotic. Probiotic to the rescue, I hope. Still you can't be too safe with a wimpy immune system like mine, especially with an infection near the delicate cartilage of the helix of the auricle. Better to over than under treat.

Reminds me of my vulnerability, the fragility of my health. Oh, well, I am not going to worry. This is a fixable problem. A minor woe. Besides, I have bigger bok choy to chop.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick Sowers said...

Brian, I do think there is significance in that the furuncles (great word, that is) are in places you cannot see. Maybe the lesson is to meditate more, with eyes shut, and ears wide open.

January 6, 2010 at 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home