Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Airport Blues

In Vienna for over 7 hours, waiting for our plane to Tel Aviv. We will have to clear some combo of security/customs/passport control for a third time, and we haven't even got to Ben Gurion Airport where I understand they really give you the once over. And I thought the EU enjoy open borders, the friendly exchange of citizens to form a greater union, sans frontiers.


I better postpone my next CT scan-I have already had my annual dose of radiation.


Really, we are just changing planes, and yet we need to go through all these searches. Seems silly, but I guess it good for job creation. Security and government work are two of the few job growth industries, and this is both.

We caught an earlier flight out of the drab colorless efficiency of Frankfurt so we could spend our wait time in cheerier Vienna with Mozart candies and Klimt fashions and free Internet.

Jet lag is starting to swamp me, so I will quit while still coherent. Hard to be literate when you've been on the go for about 20 hours across 9 time zones. Hard to complain when sitting in such a pleasant lounge.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Marilyn Yocum said...

"I better postpone my next CT scan-I have already had my annual dose of radiation."

Hahaha!
Ah, some places are hard-fought journeys to get to. So glad you are getting to make this trip!

February 17, 2010 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Judy Cleri said...

Don't over do it too much. You have much to see in Israel. Praying for a safe trip and a wonderful time for all.

Judy

February 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home