Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Year of the Flood

I am always a little sad and lost when I finish a great book, a book that has swept me away to a different world. This time it was to the dystopic future of Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood, a companion text to Oryx and Crake. My oldest daughter lent me this Canadian writer's latest and gave it a hearty thumbs up. Thank you.

Like a vacation or an insight, a finely crafted piece of writing can change how you look at everything.

Atwood's writing is such a gift. and even though the pictures she painted were dank and squalid, it was hard to leave, and the taint of the story stays with me.

If you do decide to pick up the book, read Oryx and Crake first.


On another topic all together, the latest CLICK Here for SURVEY results are now 3 to 1 in favor of the slow gentle path. Still not too late to vote.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you please post the number of votes along with the voting ratio?
TomD

February 8, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home