Saturday, January 30, 2010

Quick numbers

Way too tired to go deep or long today, but there is much I need to share with you soon.

But first let's do the numbers.

Since starting this blog about a month before my transplant on July 1, 2008, I was had about 108,000 visits, or about a 175 a day, It's not my friend Chaya's wonderful resource for anyone with CLL, CLLtopics, but it is telling a story that some of you want to read. It is a blessing for me to be able to help in any small way. Even in the new decade with my sparse updates and the rare dramas, well over a 1000 of you drop in every week.

From every continent except Antarctica.

If you haven't checked in and let me know who you are, drop me an email at bkoffmanMD@gmail.com

I would love to hear from you.

Thank you all.

Second set of numbers.

800,000 visitors to Machu Picchu every year. Over 2000 tourists stranded by the heaviest rains in 15 years wiping out the only way, PeruRail.

My son, Ben and his friend Yasmin are safe in Cusco, but their dream of seeing the sun rise over MP is on hold for now. Earliest estimate of repairs are 2 weeks.

As a dad, I just happy they are safe.

Finally my platelet counts

1-13-10 290,000 before my IVIG
1-26-10 256,000
1-29-10 197,000 before my IVIG and 16 days since the prior dose

So it looks like I need the IVIG but a 13 day visit to Israel is within my safety limits with infusions 15 days apart framing the miracle journey.

Good that I can be focussing on what's outside my blood stream.

It is more than good to be counting the thrills and joys and human contacts, and not just the complete blood count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home