Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weird Tests: Low ciclosporin and Lowish Copper

A couple of my weirder tests have come back. They take longer to do, as they are not part of the normal blood panels.

My results showed that my reduced intake of ciclosporin has resulted in lower blood levels.

DUH

Rai says he is not concerned with ciclosporin blood levels. Forman says as long as the platelets hold up, not to worry. I can continue to reduce my dose all the way down from 150 twice a day to 50 mg twice a day, but not lower. And a full month pause between each step down with monitoring my lab. The lower levels help reduce my blood pressure and take the stain off my kidneys. Also less climb in uric acid and less immune suppression. All good stuff.

My copper level is at the very low end of normal. That is because I take zinc daily, which is supposed to help with cancer, but can drastically lower copper in the blood. Low copper is an exceedingly rare cause of the kind of anemia I have had, so I checked.

It's low, but not the kind of drastic low levels needed to cause me any problem.

So my mild anemia is probably from my beaten up marrow underproducing. More on that later.

The rest of my blood counts and chemistries are pretty much normal so I am a happy guy.

Right now I am in my NOT WORRY MODE.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that which I read.

April 15, 2011 at 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are in "not to worry mode". I wish you were in feels great mode Thanks for your updates.


Ronda

April 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home