Saturday, May 12, 2012

It's working already: Ibrutinib (PCI-32765)

My nodes are definitely smaller after only five days. Not nearly gone, not softer, but undeniably shrinking.

Also getting waves of nausea and feeling plain lousy and diarrhea so I know the medication is for real, but it is nothing that I can't manage.

Monday I am at the clinic and will see if the less biased examining fingers of my treatment team confirm my findings of diminishing nodes that I discovered when I showered this morning.

I also expect that those nasty B cells had to go somewhere, so my absolute lymphocyte count should be quite a bit higher when they do the blood work. That's a good thing.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the beginning of the end.

This is very promising news.

Now I must remember to enjoy but under react.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Montreal. Thinking of you and sending you only good thoughts.

Thanks again for all that you did to provide advice to me last year.

Lori

May 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beginning of the end - how wonderful. Waiting with baited breath for more news after your Monday appt. Under react by all means but enjoy the good days none the less - there are more than enough bad ones under the bridge for you to celebrate the good ones as they happen. Thanks for the update Brian. Best wishes, Deborah

May 13, 2012 at 4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news! NIH is taking comparative 2-month CT scans and seeing remarkable node shrinkage. Glad the side effects are mild enough to manage.

Wishing you a swift and straight path to the end.

--Janet Morrison

May 14, 2012 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Dr. La Verne said...

Dr. Brian:

So glad you are posting your journey with ibrutinib. I am flying to NIH this summer for the clinical trial. Seems to be working with people like me who have 17p deletion.

Keep posting.

Dr. La Verne

May 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home