Monday, June 11, 2012

We WON


ME HOISTING THE FLAG AT GAME 6 OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS

The ibrutinib is working. I am working on a post detailing shrunken nodes and healthy blood counts and improved energy.

Honest I am but I have my priorities straight. 

That good news pales in comparison to the sheer joy of being at the game where the Kings and their patient fans finally got to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup. Been a loyal fan for 22 or their 45 year wait.

I buy season tickets so I can go the playoffs. My cancer trial made me miss going to all but two games in their amazing record breaking Stanley Cup run. 

But those two games were thunderingly joyful.

 Game 3 in LA -where they won 4-0 and tonight at home where they won it all.

They could have clinched in game 4 when I was in Ohio or game 5 when they were in Jersey and I was in Orlando.

But as it turned out,  they waited until I was back in SoCal to claim the big prize. And in such amazing style. 6-1. Three goals scored on the major penalty in the first period.

I am so happy. People were crying at Staples Center.

Sometimes delays are good.

Sometimes we get a lucky bounce.

Sometimes things just workout.

I am feeling like such a lucky man tonight. I am getting my health back, I have love in my life, and the Kings won the Stanley Cup.

I CAN'T STOP SMILING!

Celebrating with a organic vegan muffin and raw vegan coconut milk "ice cream".

GO KINGS GO!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous jcleri@aol.com said...

LOL.....How did I know there would be a post first thing this morning. The funny part, I looked for you and thought I saw you at the game......

So glad the treatments are working....that is awesome.

Ok, we both have our team names on the cup.....but do you have a picture with the cup. Remember I got to spend the day with it after the Ducks WON. How fun was that....

CONGRATULATIONS to you and to the KINGS. Quess So. CA is big enough for two grea teams.

Love,

Judy

June 12, 2012 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger E. Kostich said...

A most exciting end to the season; bloody players, a bloody linesman, and great play sprinkled with just the right amount of high sticking, tripping, and slashing!!!

June 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Kings! Alison.

June 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home