Saturday, December 7, 2013

iwCLL 2013: Dr. Byrd Discusses 17 p deletion with Ibutinib

I need to keep this brief. I am exhausted.

As my flight was canceled, I ended up on a red eye to Baton Rouge, then took a shuttle to NOLA.

Didn't even get to sleep much on the plane. There was a medical emergency in the row next to us so I offered my help. That kept me up.

All turned out well.

Back to iwCLL

In the second part of the interview with Dr. Byrd from Cologne, Germany for iwCLL  2013, we learn his ideas of how to approach patients with 17p deletion.

I am seeing a consensus growing that for the more high risk patients, monotherapy is probably not the way to go.

That said it is important to remember that all 17p were not created equally, and some, especially in mutated patients or those wit ha low percent of cells with the 17p deletion can follow a fairly benign course.

More on that later, but let's hear what Dr. Byrd has to say on the topic.


Though it was less than three months ago, it seems like so much has happened since.

ASH today was amazing. So much to share, with important papers and informative interviews. I want to dissect out a new treatment paradigm that Prof,. Hallek is promoting.

But first I will post most of the iwCLL stuff. It is too good not to share.

Still sick and bit hoarse from all the interviews, but I will survive.






Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home