HEADING HOME FROM ASH
ASH 2015 was amazing. So much good news and clarifying news on novel therapies.
Watch here and on the CLL Society website for the news, interviews and updates.
Here are a few teasers:
- Venetoclax (ABT-199) looks very helpful for those who have failed ibrutinib or idelalisib.
- ACP-196, a new BTK inhibitor has stellar results with few side effects.
- Ibrutinib does a super job upfront in the over 65 gang. Should become standard of care frontline.
- The addition of idelalisib to bendamustine and rituximab (BR) greatly improves outcomes, but the use of idelalisib frontline needs to be managed more carefully to get the good results it offers due to increased risk of liver issues.
- Promising results with new signal blockers such as ONO-4059 and duvelisib and TG-1202 and the immune modulator, CC-122 and high dose methylprednisolone (HDMP) and new antibodies and much more.
Gotta get ready for our flight, I hope. The problem is a broken bathroom door.
UPDATE: After changing the flight 3 times, we would have missed our connection by about 15 minutes, so we changed everything to fly into LAX more than an hour from home, but at least in the same time zone. Our bags are a different story.