Wednesday, March 21, 2018

GET MY CAR-T CELLS TOMORROW FOR MY CLL

Patty and I have been enjoying Seattle. We’ve been here for 3 weeks prepping for the JCAR14 trial at SCCA/Hutch. Tomorrow is my big day- I get the CAR-T cells.
I’ve been blogging on my experience on the CLL Society website http://cllsociety.org and we are adding interviews and research on CAR-T (see: https://cllsociety.org/car-t-and-other-cellular-therapies/) but that may slow down if I am part of the 90% that end up in hospital. Check out our CAR-T educational comic book while you are there on our site.
Anyway, I wanted to stay in touch and look forward to continuing the conversations when I am on the far side of this with no evidence of CLL left in my blood, marrow, and nodes.
Stay strong. We are all in this together
Brian
Brian Koffman MDCM DCFP, DABFM, MS Ed
Founder and Medical Director, CLL Society Inc.
http://cllsociety.org
PO Box 1390
Claremont, CA
91711

3 Comments:

Blogger Wetcoasters said...

Hang in there Brian. We are all rooting for you.Hope you have not ingested too much Matzo as we all know what can happen. Take care and hope to hear more good news really soon. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

April 5, 2018 at 4:29 PM  
Blogger Priscilla said...

Hello My Dr. Koffman. I think of you often and want you to get strong.My thoughts and prayers are with you.I am waiting to read when you will be back in your home and enjoying your life.
Stay strong, we are all in this together. You are missed.

April 19, 2018 at 6:27 PM  
Blogger Valsb said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for going public and sharing your CLL healing journey. Prayers, and Blessings for your continued health.

May 16, 2018 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home