Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One year ago I received a gift of life

In the whirl of activity of being back to work, and my son's on and off return from Israel, and my daughter and son in law's trip to New Zealand, and NYC daughter's trip to Montreal, and my other son's three ongoing art shows, including hanging his wall space at the festival of arts in Laguna Beach tomorrow, and urgent car repairs, and doctor's appointments, it is easy not to pause and consider and give thanks.

Last year on July 1, I received my transplant.

Thank you to my unknown donor. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Thank you to my family and friends (old and new), especially thanks to my wife and kids. 
Thank you to my care givers and healthcare workers, especially my doctors. 
Thank you to my fellow travelers on all or parts of their similar adventure.
Thank you to my colleagues and staff and my medical group.
Thank you to my patients. 

That's all I have to say today.  I am stopping for a moment to remember that I have reason to be thankful to so many. 

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger E. Kostich said...

L'Chayim!

July 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Brian
I have been meaning to leave you a comment for weeks and here it is finally, I guess I was just waiting for a significant event. One year on, wow! Mazel Tov - may we both have many more happy and healthy years ahead of us and also much nacchus from our respective families.
I am also chasing my tail with the kids, finally finished exams but now sorting out holidays, driving exams, university applications etc etc. Life goes on.
I loved your recent blog about the return to work, I also have a big notice on my door telling my patients not to cross the threshold if they are spotty or 'grotty'. I have a picture of a baby with chicken pox. Well something somewhere didn't work as I caught PCP somehow somewhere. I guess I am glad that I will never know how or where or whom I can blame for it. I am truly fed up with yet another problem but that it the price we pay I guess.

Well the weather is very hot in London and I am feeling a bit better today so just sending warm thoughts to you and the family.

Love
Susan

July 1, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home