Thursday, July 9, 2009

Red Letter Day

I received only the second letter from my blessed donor. As you might recall, he was a 22 year old Yeshiva student in Israel at the time he saved my life a year ago. That is all that I know, but I may have the chance to learn more soon. After 1 year we can possibly exchange information, photos, and even meet. More on that later.

For now let me reread  his lovely note from the holy land.

The first letter came 1 week post transplant, the second a year later.

It speaks for itself.

Dear Recipient,

I am excited that the year from the donation is coming to an end. I
apologize for not responding properly to your e-mails. I usually do not
have access to e-mail making it difficult for me to respond. I have
received all of your e-mails and I greatly appreciate you keeping me up
to date. I have learned from them a lot. I was touched by your sharing
of the personal things that were happening in your life. I look forward
to speaking with you and knowing who you are.

In the meantime, the major event in my life this past year was that B"H
I got married six months ago to a wonderful women. My wife's father, who
passed away before I met her, was also a bone marrow recipient. My wife
was very touched by the fact that I had been a donor.

Although I haven't always responded to your e-mails you have been in my
thoughts and prayers. I prayed for you at the Kotel on my wedding day.

With blessings for a complete recovery (refuah shleima),

Your Donor

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikha'el said...

Reading the letter sends chills down my spine, how thoughtful and ironic of the situation he mentions. Also, how wonderful to be able to communicate with him.

July 9, 2009 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How wonderful, it also sent shivers down my spine.
What a connection, as we say God moves in mysterious ways.

Shabbat Shalom from London

Susan

July 10, 2009 at 4:11 AM  
Blogger Judy Cleri said...

Dear Dr. K,

What a blessing you have been given by "knowing" this young man. I can hardly wait to read and hear of your meeting him. He is a wonderful human being. But then again, so are you so what would we expect?

Have a blessed Friday.

JC

July 10, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home