Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Waiting for my bone marrow biopsy report

Is there any meaning in the lack of  results? Surely he would rush the good news to me.

I can easily get lost in this crazy thinking. The Talmud teaches that prophecy has been taken from prophets and given to fools and children. However, it does later adds, with typical twisted Talmudic logic, the wise to the prophetic group.

I just emailed Dr. Forman to ask if there any results back yet from my bone marrow biopsy.

In case you are new to my blog, I have a a freight train of trouble waiting for news.

Still I say it is an act of courage and optimism to push for my results.

Would you do the same? Live with the not knowing, or move up the time that the envelope gets torn open?

Of course, as in the rest of life, despite what the devotees of THE SECRET  believe, my writing the email will certainly have no effect on what the reply contains and in all likelihood on when it will arrive.

Yet I know that what I did was brave, but I was so nervous about doing it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CLL SPOUSE said...

I must jump in. You asked "Would you do the same?"

YES! I'm most definitely confrontational in nature (in the very nicest way, of course) and much prefer to rush to greet news, either good or bad, than to have in lie in wait for me down the road.

It took courage, yes. Good for you. I hope you can find a way to rest while waiting for answers. That's usually a bit of a problem for confrontational types.

"...a freight load of trouble..." hahahaha. Great!

February 24, 2009 at 6:19 PM  
Blogger Wendy S. Harpham, MD said...

Waiting...waiting...waiting. There's nothing wrong with calling your physician to check if, maybe, your results are in. Unless you call at 2 a.m. or call every five minutes, that is.

It is one thing to be a squeaky wheel,and it's quite another to be a thorn in the side. You may want to consider discussing this with your healthcare team to determine where the boundaries are.

Wishing you calm and strength as you wait. With hope, Wendy

February 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home