Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy New Year Shanah Tovah

Another year, another shot at redemption, another chance to get it right, another stolen golden moment to count my blessings, and another opportunity to savor the sweetness of living everyday.

Living with or without leukemia is still living and cause enough for celebration.

Shana Tovah.

I wish there were shofar blasts every morning. Clear the mind and lift the soul.

To all those I have failed over the last year, please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

To all those who have been so kind and generous to me over the last year, I am more thankful than you know. You light up my road and make it all so worthwhile.

I move forward, my first year as an orphan, the family patriarch now that my dad is gone. I miss him so much.

But I have a big and growing family of my own, full of love and joy and surprises, and dear friends, old and new, near and far, and rewarding work with good people.

Again I reminded of the words of that tormented master, Reb Nachman of Bratslov. Life is a very narrow bridge. The most important thing is not to be afraid.

Across that very narrow bridge, across the universe. One step at time, one day at a time. Slowly slowly slowly healing the brokenness in me and all the world.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Beautifully said". It's all going to work out, because GOD is at work.

September 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Jcleri said...

Dr. K,

Your words touch my heart and help remind me to be a bigger and better person. Thank you for always reminding us of what is important. We get so involed in everyday life, sometimes you forget what is so important and that is God and your family and friends.

Blessings coming you way today and always.

J

September 30, 2011 at 8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year To you and your's Brian.
Just wanted to say thank you, for all your continuos words of wisdom and inspiration. After more than 20 years, I'm still listening.
God Bless and Keep you
Bunny Collins

September 30, 2011 at 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home